Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 9, 2012

You may say that I’m a dreamer...

You may say that I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one
"Imagine" by John Lennon

I need your help. Thank you in advance, my dear blog readers.

Actually, I am trying to enlist you in furthering the mission of the World Laughter Tour: Together, we can lead the world to health, happiness, and peace through laughter.

The operative word here is TOGETHER. I can't do it alone.

Did you know that the logo of World Laughter Tour is called The Happy World?
Happy World

Thousands of individuals around the world are already carrying the mission forward. One of the ways we are doing this is by encouraging people everywhere to try my program called Good-Hearted Living(tm) [GHL].

GHL is the most WONDERFUL, POWERFUL method I have ever discovered for improving life satisfaction and well-being. Put into daily practice, people find they have more positive attitudes, more positive emotions, and more positive interactions with others. In other word, greater life satisfaction and well-being. This, in turn, greatly increase the likelihood of having more laughter in their lives, which brings a multitude of benefits for mind, body, and soul.



And, you can be part of the movement, too. Especially if know someone who is fluent in a language other than English.

First, a word about THANK YOU. One of the six parts of the program is the practice of gratitude.

My friend, Nekane DeLeniz, whom I met in Caracas, is beautiful spiritual teacher, a woman both wise and smart, with a heart of gold. She posted this on Facebook:

It inspired me to search for THANK YOU in other languages. With help from friends (and computer technology), I have been able to put together this list:
Bedankt (Dutch)
Ank-thay Ou-yay (Pig Latin)
Masha danki (Papiamento )
Todah rabbah (Hebrew)
grazie mille (Italian)
Sapcibo (Russian)
Dankon (Esperanto)
Diakuju (Ukrainian)
cume on (Vietnamese)
Arigato (Japanese)
Tak dig (Danish)
Kiitos (Finnish)
efharisto (Greek)
Takk deg (Norwegian)
Obrigado (Brazilian Portuguese)
Mahusu mahuyu (Guajiro)
Size Teşekkür Ederiz (Turkish)
Na gode (Hausa)
شكرا لك Shukran (shoe-cron) (Arabic)
感谢您 (Xie Xie: Chinese)
Σας ευχαριστώ (Greek)
आपको धन्यवाद देता हूं। (Hindi)
감사합니다. (Korean)
ขอขอบคุณที่คุณ (Thai)

Here's where you come in. You can help raise the GRATITUDE consciousness of people around the world by adding to the THANK YOU list (send me you additions, please) and distributing it everywhere.

Here's something else we can all do. Through the kindness of friends, the basic instructions for the GHL program have been translated into English, Mexican Spanish, Chilean Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, and Japanese. Nancy Jones even created a kid version. I have put them all into a single pdf file that you can have and you can distribute.

Copyright Disclaimer: Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

If you can help us get this translated into even more languages, we can touch even more lives and further the mission of a healthier, happier, and more peaceful --and laughter-filled-- world. Do you know someone who would translate this? Simply send them the file and have them send me their translation. They may contact me with any questions. I will keep posting the additional translations for you to distribute. Soon, the world will look like this:
I'm just saying...imagine...

Steve

PS I recently recorded a one-hour Webinar about GHL. You can get it, along with myriad extras such as videos, the slide images, and articles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment